Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Life Post: I'm Just a Little Stressed

I'm having a day that's more on the stressful side of things. Really, that's been my whole past week all because of my portfolio. I won't go into details because it would take a while to explain, but basically I have a really important portfolio due in about a week and a half that's part of the process of becoming a teacher. Now, of course this is stressful in a number of ways, but I'm handling all of that pretty well. (I turned in my application today! It was nerve-wracking actually turning it in, but at least that part of the process is over.) The most stressful things is that I have to get two professors to fill out an evaluation form and then get a recommendation letter from a professor. The evaluation form isn't too bad because I think I know who I'm going to ask and I see them on a daily basis. For the recommendation letter though, I asked a professor to write it last semester. I emailed her twice last week, but she never emailed me back. I never see her on a daily basis, and I have class during her office hours. I've been by her office hoping she'd happen to be there, but no luck. So I don't really know what's happening there, and I'm getting a bit desperate. I'm going to email her again just to see what happens, and I'll keep going by her office in case I get lucky. I just really want to get it sorted out so I'm less stressed.

I feel like there was something else big that happened today too, but I honestly can't remember. My stress over the unanswered emails drowns out everything else. I can say that I am extremely tired of the freezing weather and snow we're having. You're completely frozen just walking between buildings, let alone across campus. It's ridiculous, and from what I can tell, it's not ending any time soon.

Well, I still have two classes today, so I need to go get ready for my next one. I'm going to go by the professor's office once more when I finish with classes today, so maybe I'll be luckier that time. I doubt it though since her times on her office door didn't make it seem like she'd be there. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment