Friday, January 24, 2014

Why I Got a Single Dorm This Year

Having a dorm all to myself is a bit odd. Sure, I have a suitemate (technically two but one's never there), but all we share is a bathroom. I'm so used to living at home where my family may knock on my door but they'll barge right in afterwards or having a roommate that comes and goes as well. I've never had the amount of privacy that I do this semester, and to tell you the truth, I absolutely love it.

I am a very introverted person. I want to be around people sometimes of course, but I absolutely need my own space. I love having a place where I can go and be completely alone whenever I need to without the worry that I may have to be around other people. It's the best, and I think it's helped me as far as stress goes. I'm constantly stressed if I have to be around people too much, and sharing a dorm last year was like that for me, even though I appreciate having had the experience. It's why I knew I needed a single this year. I just couldn't deal with that for another year. It had nothing to do with my roommate or any problems, but I could not put up with that level of stress for another year. I needed my own space.

It only became more obvious how much I needed the space when I was home for winter break. With Jenny in my room as well, I didn't really have my own space or any privacy at all. I was about to lose my mind by the time I came back to school. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Jenny using my room, and I enjoy seeing my family. However, I just didn't get enough time away from people over break, and it drove me a little crazy. Being back at school has been stressful in its own ways, but I've been extremely thankful to finally get some time to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment