Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Life Post: So... I May Have Started Working Out

This week has started dragging on, and I've reached the part of the semester where it's a struggle. I feel like I'll be talking about that for a while now, at least until the end of the semester. I want to savour these few weeks because afterwards I'll be halfway done with college, which is just scary, but I'm also ready for summer break.

I just realized that I don't think I've mentioned this here on the blog yet, but I've begun doing Blogilates. (If you want to get into pilates and working out, I highly recommend the site.) It's great because it's the first time in my life where I actually kind of look forward to any sort of physical activity. I realized a little less than a year ago that all of my problems with anything lumped under "exercise" comes from some (i.e. a lot) of horrible experiences in grade school PE classes. All of that stuff turned me against pretty much any form of physical activity, and I pretty much shunned it even though I wanted to be healthy. I wanted to be healthy without working out. I still have a lot of the problems I did before, and I don't know when (or if) I'll get over them. (Seriously though, guys. I know PE is important in schools, but I could give you a long list of ways it needs to be changed in most schools because I went through so much crap.) I love Blogilates though. The trainer, Cassey, is fun and the workouts are fun, and in a surprising turn of events for me, I'm actually starting to enjoy the feeling I have after working out. Being sore is becoming a good thing, and I never thought I'd say that.

All of that being said, I only brought that up for one reason, and that is to say that you eat a lot more when you work out. I've gone through so much food because I'm burning more calories now than ever before. That's perfectly fine because I love food, but when you eat food you have to buy food. That's not so fun when you're a poor college student. It's becoming a struggle to actually have food in my dorm when I'm hungry.

So, now you know something new that's been going on in my life lately. Other than that it's mostly just been writing my last papers of the semester, finishing up the reading, and getting prepared for finals. We have a floor meeting later tonight on moving out of the dorms, which is sure to remind me again of how close summer break is. In about two weeks it'll be break. That's crazy. This year has flown by. I can't even believe it. I'm excited for this summer though. It's going to be awesome!

Summer break: 15 days
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare book release: 34 days
Sorry I'm Late by Cher Lloyd album release: 34 days

No comments:

Post a Comment