Saturday, April 5, 2014

Twisted Review: Season 1 Episode 19: "A Tale of Two Confessions"

Well, I'm only about three days late reviewing the season finale of all things. Oh, well. Things happen.

It isn't surprising that the show threw a bunch of craziness at us for the finale and ended on a cliffhanger. Here's to hoping season two gets picked up and this wasn't our last episode.

At this point, I expect Charlie to get crazier and crazier each episode. As soon as we saw Jo walking down the street alone, I expected Charlie to do something crazy. I actually believe (although it's been four days since I watched the episode and may be wrong) that she's walking alone once and confronts him and then leaves. It's the second time she's walking alone that he kidnaps her. I remember seeing her walking along the first time and fully expecting something more than just him yelling at her. So when it happened again and this time he kidnapped her, I wasn't surprised. However, I do think Jo wasn't the brightest to be walking alone at night when she knows some dude, who has been to juvie before for something she's not entirely sure about, has some crazy obsession with her. If I were Jo, I wouldn't have been going anywhere by myself.

I remember that the first time Charlie appeared my first thought (other than that he was creepy) was that he could be Tess's kid, and then I realized her kid was a girl and didn't give it much more thought. Now I should know to trust my instincts more, especially after we learned that her supposed daughter wasn't really her daughter. Honestly, the fact that Jo is apparently Charlie's sister manages to make his obsession creepier, which I didn't think was possible. And if we get a season two where they try to act like a family with him, then I don't think I can handle it. It's just too weird.

The episode ended with a gunshot though, so for all we know someone is dead. I'm not even going to try to guess about that because there are such a wide range of things that gunshot could have meant. I think Kyle shooting Charlie seems the most logical, but you never know with this show.

I'm kind of going backwards with this though. The endings of these sorts of episodes always overshadow the rest of it for me, and I'm having trouble remembering what else was in the episode.

Oh, there's the Danny and Jo stuff. I really don't want them together, but it could be worse. I did think Danny and Lacey would make a better couple, but I have to say that Lacey and Rico are growing on me, which I think it entirely because of the actors dating in real life. I don't want that to affect the show for me, but I think it is. However, I also think Rico and Andie are absolutely adorable together. At this point, I've pretty much thrown out trying to decide who should be with who, and I'm just going to accept whatever happens. It's too crazy for me to invest in a couple.

Okay. What is up with Whitney and Jack? That was entirely unexpected, and now I'm trying to sort that out. We've seen Whitney's mom. Was she in on all this? Is Jack really Whitney's dad or are they just working together? That opened up so many questions. Especially since Charlie was apparently in on it but isn't anymore. We seemed to learn a lot about Charlie in this episode, but that makes me question all of it. Are they working for Vikram? That seems like it would make sense, but he's supposed to be dead now. I have no idea what any of this means, and I'm not even going to try and make sense of it yet. I'm now sufficiently freaked out by both Jack and Whitney now though, and I hadn't found them suspicious at all before this episode. I think this has a lot of potential to be interesting though.

Overall, I thought it was a good finale, and it definitely did a good job of creating suspense for a second season. I know there are aspects of Twisted that I complain about a lot, but I did enjoy the first season. I really hope it gets picked up for a season two, so we can see how the story continues. I'd really like to know what's up with Whitney and Jack. I still can't get over that plot twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment