Friday, July 3, 2015

Life Post: Caves Are Awesome

I didn't think all that much had happened since my last life post, but then I went to right this and realized there kind of has been. I think the fact that I've been exhausted the past couple of days makes it feel like it's been a longer period of time. A lot of what I've been doing is the same exact stuff I've said in past life posts this summer.

Last Friday though, my family went to Mammoth Cave. For people who haven't heard of Mammoth Cave, it's the longest known cave system in the world. They have a bunch of different tours and the one we went on was called the Domes and Dripstones tour. It was really, really cool, especially the "dripstones" part where we got to see all of the really cool formations. We also got to walk through a part where all of the rocks are broken up in pieces and are only staying up because they form this natural arc. I can't really explain it because I don't fully understand how it works, but basically, they all look like they're going to tumble down on you at any second. It's seriously like piles of rock on the sites and are all slid together like a puzzle, and they're like that even over your head. According to the tour guide though, they're fit together in a way that keeps them from falling. It's really neat.

A photo posted by Haley Keller (@hmweasley) on



Despite not living all that far away, it was actually my first time going to Mammoth Cave, and it was just awesome. I took a million pictures at the end because it looked so cool. And I only hit my head on a rock once. I loved it.

The other thing that's probably the most note-worthy was that we had to drive to Louisville on Wednesday to pick my sister up from the airport. She'd been in Sweden for a month, and her plane back arrived around eleven at night. Plus, then we had to wait around forever for her luggage. I ended up going to bed at two that night, and while that's not all that much later than I typically go to bed, I wound up getting up early the next day. So I spent all of yesterday feeling half asleep. Luckily, today I feel much better.

Regina brought me several things from Sweden that are awesome, including a One Direction tour shirt from the Europe leg of the tour, but what I'm most excited about it a Bloomsbury edition of the first Harry Potter book. It's so pretty, and it's actually the first time I've owned a Harry Potter book that isn't one of my original hardback American editions. I'm absolutely obsessed. And now I can read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone instead of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. It's kind of funny though because I just started book two on my Harry Potter re-read, so it may be a bit before I go back and read this copy.

Other than that, my days have still been filled with a lot of writing, but a bit less reading. I'm slipping behind on my reading challenge again. I'm about ready to just throw my hands in the air and give up. Maybe I set the goal too high this year even though it's only slightly higher than last years (which I finished really early).

Writing wise, I've started working on the sequel to my Twilight fanfiction. I'm pretty excited with how it's coming along and where this one's going to go. I've also updated my writing blog several times. I talked about being a fan of something before knowing how it ends, and I also wrote about why I chose to name the characters Ledia and Huritt in the story I've been working on called The Society. Over on Youtube, I talked about my ten OTPs and also did my monthly wrap-up and TBR.

No comments:

Post a Comment