Saturday, July 25, 2015

Life Post: Paper Towns and Finishing a Rough Draft

I just got home from seeing the Paper Towns movie with the siblings. I've only just had time to shower since we got back. A full review of the movie will come later, so for now, I'll just link you to the Tumblr post on my quicker initial thoughts on the movie. Basically, I thought it was amazing. Probably even better than The Fault in Our Stars, but that's partially just because I'll re-watch a comedic movie far more than a sad one.

The other big thing that happened since my last life post is that I finished a first draft of the sequel to my Twilight fanfiction. I've been incredibly focused on that for the past month or so. It's been taking up a lot of my time. The ride wasn't the smoothest. I went back and forth between hating and loving what I was writing. By the time I finished, I was somewhere in between. I'm not sure how the editing process is going to go, but since I finished on Friday, I'm giving myself the weekend before I start that up. Usually, I would switch to a different project between drafts, but I'm not doing that this time. I want to get it up before the end of summer break, so I'm doing all of the edits now. (With a brief break to possibly work on something else while it goes out to beta readers.)

I imagine I'll be working on it the rest of the summer. It'll take up most of the rest of my break at least.

As for what I've been doing elsewhere on the Internet, I wrote some flash fiction about writer's block and how writing and music don't mix well for me. Over on Youtube, I reviewed both movies we saw at the drive-in: Inside Out and Tomorrowland.

Speaking of the drive-in, I'm absolutely covered in bug bites from that trip, and after my shower, they're starting to really act up. I think it's time to go find the hydrocortisone cream so that I can hopefully sleep in peace tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment