Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Life Post: Drive-In, Contacts, and Passports

I meant what I said yesterday about finally getting my to do list down to something that wasn't really intimidating to look at, but since stuff keeps getting added to it, I'm still keeping myself busy. Actually, it's a lot longer than I expected it to be today, and I was really hoping I would have more of it down by now than I do. Oh, well.

My family and I saw Inside Out and Tomorrowland at the drive-in last night. I'm going to review both of them, but there's no point not saying really quickly what I thought here. I adored Inside Out. It was such a good movie and one that I think everyone should go see. My entire family liked it. It might have won my spot as my favorite Pixar movie, but we'll see how that holds up over time.

As for Tomorrowland... Well, it held my interest, but not very well. I'll talk more about what I disliked in the review, but it was really easy to watch most of it while half asleep and not really care. I had my eyes closed for chunks of it even. I don't really feel like I missed anything...

Aside from the drive-in, I talked about trying contacts in my last post. Yeah, well. I've officially declared that a failure. I tried for a long time to get them in my eyes. I was working on it a lot, and my eyes have been in a perpetual state of soreness since I got the contacts. I can't get them in my eyes. I really can't, and I don't think I've been making any progress towards it since the first day. I tried to stay optimistic about it at the beginning, but it's become too frustrating. I went to try and do it today, and honestly, I looked at the contacts and kind of just wanted to cry in frustration. So, I went and told my mom that I'm giving up so she could cancel the follow up appointment with the eye doctor.

Maybe I'll try them again in the future, but I'm just too done with dealing with it right now. I don't want to look at contacts for a really long time. It's not worth it.

My last bit of news is much more exciting. Months ago I told my parents that the only thing I wanted for my birthday was a passport. I've asked for one for Christmas in the past, and my parents didn't do it because my mom said she didn't know how to go about it. I asked again, and I made it really clear that it is absolutely the only thing I wanted. Since my mom usually fishes for present ideas from us because she doesn't know what to buy otherwise, I figured I'd have a much better chance if I didn't hint at anything else I could possibly want. I also pointed out that I'm going to need one before it would expire anyway, and it's just easier to do it now instead of later.

Well, today my mom handed me a passport application to fill out! I was already pretty sure that she was going to go through with it and get me one based on the couple of conversations we'd had about it, but it's still awesome to know that it's definitely happening. I don't think I've ever been so excited to fill out paperwork. Yay!

I wrote a post over on my writing blog about how my story The Society came about if you're interested. I think it's cool how something can morph into something you never expected over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment