Saturday, July 4, 2015

Life Post: Fourth of July 2015

Happy Fourth of July to all of the Americans reading this. I hope you're having a nice holiday. I did for the most part. My family has a cookout every summer, but while it's technically a Fourth of July cookout, it rarely actually falls on the fourth. This year it did, and it was fun.

My mom's side of the family is huge, and this is the biggest get together that we manage each year usually. (Although in recent years another aunt and uncle have started having the family together for Thanksgiving as well.) Even so, the entire family is never there. We're too big and spread out, and we only seem to get more spread out over the world each year. (Primarily because a good few family members are military and get stationed in different places.) But it's still nice to see the ones that manage to come.

Plus, this year the weather was particularly nice. It was the coolest I can remember it being for years, and there was a pretty nice breeze the majority of the time.

The only downside is that I'm not feeling my best today, and long story short, I wound up coming home early. So I'm going to miss the fireworks, which have yet to happen. I debated going back out there just for the fireworks, but I don't think I'm up for it. There's too much stuff to deal with at the moment.

It was fun getting to spend time out there though, and I'm happy I got to see so much of my family. And also get caught up on family news, like that one of my cousins officially has another kid. She was born a couple of days ago, so that's exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment