Tuesday, July 7, 2015

My Newest Harry Potter Book

I just had to make a post showing off the newest book I own. My sister spent a month in Sweden, and when she came back, she brought me this:


Yep. That's a British edition of the first book. One of the new ones too. I can't remember how long those covers have been around now, but they're not the original British cover. What I can tell you, is it's even pretty in person, and the feel of it is amazing. I'm honestly in love with it, and I think you have to see it in person to fully appreciate the cover.

She said she was going to buy my a Swedish version, but interestingly, this was the only edition she could find in the store. (I have no idea what bookstore she in or if it was a chain or indie or anything like that.)

I'm really excited though. It's the first copy of Harry Potter I own that isn't one of my original American hardcovers from the first time I bought each of the books. (I want all the newer American editions, but none of that has happened yet.) I can't wait to be able to say I've read Philosopher's Stone as well as Sorcerer's Stone, but since I'm about halfway through the second book on my re-read, it may be a while before that actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment