Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nashville and Shaken Baby Syndrome

I was going to post yesterday. I even got as far as opening whatever this place is called where you type, but then I decided I was just too sick and tired to focus on writing anything. Luckily, today I'm feeling much better (although definitely not completely).

There was a meeting at school today for anyone who qualified for the trip to Nashville. My school has a trip every year for kids who meet certain requirements. I could have gone last year because I was student of the month, but I didn't for two reasons. The first reason was that I didn't even know I had qualified for it until it was too late. Second, I didn't care anyway because they went to a baseball game. I'm not a baseball fan. This year I qualify because I have perfect attendance (it's only the second time in my life that's ever happened). We're going to Nashville this year. We're supposed to go to the Country Music Hall of Fame, go on a tour of historic downtown, and eat lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. If I go I have to be at school by 6:30 in the morning. I'm not sure if I'm going to go or not.

Speaking of meetings I attended this morning, I also had a Key Club meeting this morning. Nothing exciting really happened. We did nominate people for officers next year.

We've watched two videos about Shaken Baby Syndrome over the past two days in child development. One was called Elijah's Story and one was called Mighty Like a Rose. They were both incredibly sad! Never ever shake a baby! Those stories were horrible! We learned that a baby would have to fall off of a 13-story building to get the same amount of injuries they would get from being shaken, and it only takes a few seconds. It's horrible!

I got my test from the other day back in Spanish. I got an F. I don't know what to do about this class! I study, but I can never do it when it comes to taking tests!

This post has to have the most random title ever. Not random I guess, but strange nonetheless. A strange combination for a title.

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment