Wednesday, April 28, 2010

RIP Zach (Chappy) and Arsyle

Today hasn't exactly been a happy day.  I'll get to that later though.

My first few classes were completely normal.  We had a sub in world history and all we had to do was work on a worksheet.  Then, in art I worked on my drawing.

We also had a sub in personal finance.  We worked on our projects were we're planning our dream vacation.

On my way to my third block class (Spanish) I saw that a bunch of people were crying.  I had no clue what was going on, but there were a ton of people crying.  When I got to Spanish, I found out that a bunch of people had gone home.  A boy named Zach had been in a wreck a few days ago.  I'd already known that.  I don't know the whole story, but apparently both of his lungs were damaged.  He had to have surgery back on Monday, and they told his parents that he'd be in critical condition for 72 hours.  Obviously, he didn't make it.

After that it was incredibly quiet for the rest of school.  That's the second time someone has died this year.  I'm not sure if I mentioned it on here, but a freshman named Alexis was murdered towards the beginning of the year.  I think it was even worse this time.  I don't know if it was because everyone found out during school or because he was probably one of the most popular kids in school, but during lunch you could have heard a pin drop.  If you looked around the cafeteria, everyone was just sitting there quietly.  Barely anyone even ate.

Mrs. Deweese didn't have us do any work today because so many people went home or were really upset.  We spent the beginning of class listening to the people who were closest to him in the class tell all of these funny stories about things he did.  I didn't really know him, but it sounds like he was a very entertaining person.  After that, we watched  The Princess and the Frog.  Everyone in class insisted we watch it because they insisted it would cheer them up.  I think it worked because everyone was laughing at all of the jokes.

In English, some people were still a little sad, but it was better.  We had a sub in there too.  We worked on grammer and vocab, and then we watched some of the Julius Caesar movie.

When I got home, we discovered that my brother's hermit crab Arsyle had died during the day.  We got him over a year and a half ago, and he was the last of our hermit crabs.  It's a little sad I guess, but luckily, my brother's not too upset over it.

I know this post may be a little upsetting.  I'll try to make tomorrow's happier.

RIP Zach (Chappy) and Arsyle

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment