Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Book Thief

It's late and normally I wouldn't have bothered to write a blog today, but since I haven't written one since Wednesday, I figured I should.

I don't really have much to talk about.  I've worked the past two days.

I can't believe my Confirmation is tomorrow!  I'm kind of nervous...  There probably won't be a blog tomorrow because after Confirmation my best friend Summer is spending the night. (Yes, on a school night.  It's a long story.)  I'll definitely have a blog about Confirmation though.  Hopefully, it goes well.  My cousin Michael's First Communion is tomorrow too.  It looks like I'll be at church a lot tomorrow (two different churches though).

I finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak today.  Remember how I kept saying how boring it was?  Well, I understand what's so awesome about it now.  In all honesty, if I hadn't been reading most of it at work (while really wanting to go home) I probably would have liked it from the beginning.  Although I still feel the beginning was a little boring, the ending was amazing!  I probably would have cried if I wasn't at work and people weren't coming in and interrupting me.  I definitely recommend it.  I feel like the ending was worth being bored during the beginning.  Is that weird?   I thought it was interesting how you're told what's going to happen before it happens, and yet it's still interesting to read what happens.  That probably made no sense to anyone who hasn't read the book (or maybe even people who have).

I think that's all I really have to say.  Hopefully, I can get to sleep tonight and don't sit up worrying about all of the ways Confirmation could go wrong.

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment