Monday, May 17, 2010

American History Expert

This weekend was pretty uneventful.  All I did was practice driving, go to church, and work.

My learner's permit expires on May 31st.  My parents want me to get my liscense, so they've been making me drive.  Before this weekend I hadn't driven since August I think.  I absolutely hate driving.

We started watching Hotel Rwanda in world history today.  We're finished with the text book, so now we're doing this thing on genocides.  Hotel Rwanda's a great movie so far.  It's horrible to imagine that all of these things actually happened (and are still happening in Darfur).

In art, I began working on my scratch art, and we had a sub in personal finance and just worked on homework the whole class.

We took a vocab quiz in Spanish.  It was probably the hardest vocab quiz we've taken this year.  We also learned how to conjugate some more irregular verbs in the preterite.

In English, we talked about Act II of Julius Caesar and worked on our research papers.  We turned in out note cards, and I started writing my rough draft.  We have a lot we need to get done in English and very little time to do it.

Looking back at my blog, it doesn't look like I've mentioned Naruto since April 27th!  Maybe I missed it or something.  I'm on episode 60 (which means I haven't blogged about four episodes).  I love the episodes.  I can't wait to see the rest of the fight between Naruto and Neji.

I finished reading The Great American Citizenship Quiz by Solomon M. Skolnick the other day.  It was really cool.  It has all the questions and answers to every question on the citizenship quiz and also talks about them.  I'm happy to note that I knew almost all of them.  I didn't know the names of the senators or representatives of my state though...  The one I have was published in 2005, so it's a little out of date.  A new edition was published in 2009.

Right now I'm reading First Dogs by Roy Rowan and Brooke Janis.  It's about all of the dogs that have been owned by presidents.  It's pretty interesting so far.

I'm going to be reading a lot of books about American history because I'm finally getting around to reading all of those books I bought back when I went to Washington, D.C. last summer.  By the time I get through all of these books, I should be in expert on American history.  That's probably a good thing since I'm taking that class next year.

Speaking of summer, I realized this is going to be the first summer break that I've had this blog.  Hopefully, I keep up with this blog over the summer.  I usually do next to nothing over the summer, so chances are I won't have much to talk about.

7 school days until summer break!
9 days until summer break!

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment