Saturday, December 15, 2012

Book Review: The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis

ISBN:  0064471098
Published: 1994 (first published 1953)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Read from December 2nd to 7th, 2012
Synopsis from Goodreads:

King Caspian has grown old and sad in the ten years since the disappearance of his only son. With time running out, Jill and Eustace embark on a perilous quest to find the Prince and bring back tranquility to the magical land of Narnia.
Review:

I really enjoyed this one.  It wasn't my favorite of the series, but it wasn't my least favorite either.  It seemed to go by really fast, but that definitely could have been because I've been reading longer books lately.  I like Jill, and it was interesting to see Eustace again and how much he's changed since the beginning of Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  I also liked Puddleglum.  It was interesting to see the giants and the whole world that was underground.

I don't really know what else to say about this one.  I liked it, but it was one of the least remarkable of the series for me.  I'm really looking forward to being done with the series though.  Only one more book to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment