Saturday, September 26, 2015

Life Post: Presenting at a Conference and a Busy Weekend

This is going to be a quick post since it's been a long day, and I still have plenty of homework to do. I felt like it was a good idea to write something up considering the day I've had though.

I presented at a conference for the first time today with one of my professors. I also helped with some stuff during registration because one of my other professors was highly involved in planning the conference and asked us to. Then, of course, I went to other presentations throughout the day, so it was a long Saturday.

It was cool though. I've been working on what became this presentation since fall of last year, so it's actually really strange to know the presentation finally happened. It went so much better than I could have hoped for. I started feeling nervous last night, and then, in the half hour or so leading up to it, I started shaking really badly. As soon as it started though, I realized things were going fine, and I immediately felt completely calm. It was the craziest experience and one I'm not used to at all. I'm always so anxious in front of crowds, and I have no idea what came over me in that moment, but I was fine. And things went great. When I told my professor that later, she said she was really happy that I'd had that moment, and I honestly am too. The entire thing was crazy, and I am still sleep deprived between this presentation and the paper I'm still working on, but that was definitely an experience.

The other presentations I saw were all interesting as well, and I enjoyed them. But there's no denying it was a long day, and it wasn't made any shorter by the fact that I had to come home today as well. My cousin's getting married tomorrow, so this entire weekend feels hectic. I have more homework than usual too, so that's some terrible timing. I'm trying to do as much as I can tonight, but I did that last night too, and there's still more than enough to get through. I'm not resting any this weekend, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment