Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Life Post: Settling Into the Semester

My last several life posts have been me going on about how overwhelmed and stressed I already feel with this semester. I think I can finally say that I'm feeling like I have things under control. I'd really hoped that it was all just a beginning of the semester (no longer used to this) sort of thing, and it's looking like it was. Don't get me wrong, I still feel this buzz of anxiety if I stop and think too long about everything I have to accomplish this semester, but it's at a much more manageable level. It's not driving my completely crazy like it was just a couple of days ago.

Things are still really busy though, so I feel like I'm running around everywhere to get things done. I'm expecting that to be true of most of the semester. Despite taking fewer credit hours this semester than last, I think my workload is going to be the same, if not a bit more. I woke up really early this morning and have been working on stuff ever since. I've managed to be really productive, which is great. I actually enjoy waking up early for a variety of reasons. The side effect of it though is that it feels way later than it actually is to me now. I have yet to go to class, and I feel like I've missed it. I'm having such a hard time actually believing that it's just after noon no matter how many times I look at the clock.

My biggest annoyances right now are things I can't do anything about, so I've pretty much pushed them to the back of my mind. One of those things is that fanfiction.net hasn't let me log in for at least twenty-four hours now. I have no idea what's going on, but I can read fanfiction and nothing else. If I go to my own account, I just get error messages. I really wanted to post another chapter of my fic yesterday, but obviously that didn't happen. When it does start working properly again, I'm going to post two chapters at once to make up for it.

Despite that though, I'm feeling extremely good right now in comparison to last week and earlier this week, and I'm hoping to keep that up. Hopefully the long weekend will really help. I do think this semester is going to be a good one overall, and I'm trying to focus on that and not how busy it's all sure to be.

Oh, I actually forgot that Windows Movie Maker was screwing up on me the other day too. I had a video to post that is probably never going up because WMM refuses to save the file no matter what I do despite working fine with other files. But in better news, I did manage to get my monthly wrap-up and TBR up. However, I did actually make that while still pretty stressed, and you can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment