Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Reign: A Guilty Pleasure?

In the past, I've been a pretty strong advocate for the idea that things shouldn't really be guilty pleasures. If you like something, you shouldn't feel guilty about it. I still feel that way, but I also get why people use the term. Recently, I've started using it a lot more even though it really contradicts things I have said in the past.

Since I review Reign here on my blog, I can't call it a guilty pleasure in the sense that I act like I'm not a fan. I'm open about watching it and enjoying it. Still, something about that show just screams "guilty pleasure" to me. I'm not sure if it's because I've heard plenty of other people refer to Reign specifically that way or because it just ticks off a lot of check marks on the guilty pleasure list for me.

Either way, I think of Reign when I think of guilty pleasures now, and that means I kind of have one. That's new for me since I wouldn't have said I did before. (Even if other people might have considered some of the things I like as guilty pleasures.) Reign is something that's easy for people to scoff at, I suppose, even though I haven't really dealt with any of that.

So why am I writing about this now? Well, Reign comes back in October, and I'm really missing it at the moment. It's only been a little more than three months, but it feels like so much longer. Because of that, I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I keep re-checking to see when the season premiere is so that I can calculate how many days away that is. It's been a while since I've gotten to do something like that, so it actually makes me excited. That premiere really can't come quick enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment