Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Life Post: Some Sleep Would Be Great

This past weekend was crazy, and it's bled into the beginning of this week as well. These days have definitely been "scramble to get everything done but not have enough time to actually get everything done" days. I'm exhausted.

The conference was Saturday, of course, and I presented. I talked about that already, but I'm going to mention it again since the entire weekend feels like one larger event. It went a million times better than my worst fears would have predicted. At the beginning of the presentation, I just felt this huge sense of calm come over me, and after that, I was fine. I've never really had that experience before in my life. It was the craziest thing. But it was awesome. And I learned a lot from the other presentations as well, but it did feel a bit like school on a weekend since my professor was there and everything. Still a great experience, but it meant I didn't have much of a weekend.

What really sealed the whole no weekend thing though was driving home that night and then to Louisville the next day for my cousin's wedding (and back to school immediately after that). Now that was a long day. I may or may not have taken a bit of a nap at the reception, and I'm someone who can never sleep around crowds of people even if they're being relatively quiet (which they weren't at the reception). Despite it being an exhausting day, I'm really happy for my cousin and glad I got to be there.

My Monday and Tuesday have been, like I said, running around and trying to get things done. I had a meeting with a professor today about my huge paper, which is going well, but there's still a ton of work ahead of me. And now I have a new, separate project that I have to complete within the next two weeks or so. I'm excited about it, but it's also another thing piled onto my workload, which is crazy this semester.

Something tells me that winter break is going to feel amazing this year.

If you're interested I reviewed a book called The Legacy of Memory over on Youtube yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment