Friday, July 29, 2016

Life Post: Week One of Student Teaching is Complete

The last time I'd posted, I'd been student teaching for two days, but the students hadn't started back yet. Now I've officially spent three full days with students, and I am, admittedly, exhausted. I knew I would be. It's one of the things I was told the most about student teaching before it began.

That isn't to say that things are bad. Things are actually really, really good. Considering what happened last semester and how I was placed somewhere and then had to switch because of circumstances, I'm really thankful to be at the school I'm at with the teacher I'm with. It's been a great experience so far.

However, it was just summer break for a couple of months, and aside from that, I'd gotten used to college where you rarely, if ever, spent an entire day in class. Being in class all day long again is an adjustment, and this time I'm standing a lot more than when I was a kid, which means my feet have been killing me this week. Although, if that's my biggest complaint, then things really are going well.

I'm excited to see what the rest of student teaching brings. Like I mentioned last time, I'm not sure how much I'm going to be posting since the workload is only going to increase as the semester goes on. I don't expect to disappear completely, but things here on the blog might be slow in comparison to usual. When I do post, I imagine it'll be life posts more than anything else. They're just easier to write. We'll see though. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment