Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Book Review: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

ISBN: 0064471047
Published: 1994 (first published 1950)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Read June 10th, 2012
Synopsis from Goodreads:
Four English schoolchildren find their way through the back of a wardrobe into the magic land of Narnia and assist its ruler, the golden lion Aslan, to triumph over the White Witch, who has cursed the land with eternal winter.
Review:


Most of what I want to say I already said in my review of The Magician's Nephew.  All I'll say in this review is that I really enjoyed reading this after only getting through part of it years before.  I've seen the movie (and the cartoon) many, many times, so I was kind of comparing the book and movie in my mind as I read.  I was pretty much picturing everything from the movie in my head.  It's funny how the movie seems to have stuck so close to the book, but the movie definitely seemed more epic and dramatic, at least to me.


I'm reading The Horse and His Boy next, which will be interesting as I know almost nothing about that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment