Monday, June 11, 2012

Book Review: Settling by Shelley Workinger

ISBN: 1460981723
Published: July 4th, 2011
Publisher: self-published
Read June 9th and 10th, 2012
Synopsis from Goodreads:
At the beginning of the summer, Clio Kaid was one of a hundred teens brought to a secret Army installation. But it was no ordinary camp and they weren’t ordinary kids…
Picking up where “Solid” left off, Clio and her friends realize that they aren’t ready to go home; they’re determined to stay on campus and continue their journey of self- discovery. But someone doesn’t feel the same way and will do anything to drive them away – even kill. 
Friendships will be tested, abilities will evolve, and more secrets will come out as the teens race to stop the killer before he sets his sights on one of them…
Review:

Amazingly, it's been almost a year now since I read and reviewed Solid, the first book in this series.  I loved Solid, and I couldn't wait to read Settling.  When I got my Kindle, it was one of the first books I bought on it.  I loved Settling just as much as I loved Solid, and I read it incredibly quickly.

I don't want to say much because I really can't comment too much on the book without giving away aspects of the first book, if not the second book as well.  This series is definitely worth checking out though.  When I first read Solid, I was a bit skeptical of it at first because it didn't seem like something I would usually read because it was about teens who had been secretly genetically altered before birth, but I ended up loving it.

The way Settling ended left me really anxious to read the next book in the series, and I'll definitely be buying it as soon as it comes out now that I have my Kindle.  This really is a great series!

No comments:

Post a Comment