Monday, June 4, 2012

K.C. Blake Interview (Author of The Witch-Game Series)

A little over a week ago I reviewed Crushed by K.C. Blake.  I was also lucky enough to be able to interview her.  I really enjoyed Crushed, and I'm looking forward to reading Witch Hunt, the second in the series, soon.  Hopefully you'll enjoy the interview and check out the series!


Where did you get the idea for The Witch-Game series?
My agent and I were discussing what sort of thing hasn’t been done to death.  Since she couldn’t find a publisher for my vampire books, we decided to go with witches.  I asked myself what I would have done back in high school if I’d had powers.  Simple.  I would have used them to play games with other witches.

How many books will be in The Witch-Game series?
This is a question I cannot answer.  It depends on how many games I can come up with for witches to play and how popular the series becomes.  So far I have two books out: Crushed and Witch Hunt.  Then I have three other possibilities in mind: Raven’s Claw, Smack’d, and Dare.

Which character was your favorite to write for and why?
For some reason I get a kick out of writing for bad boys and girls.  Maybe because they will say and do anything while the protagonist has morals keeping him/her in line.  So in Witch Hunt I would say I had the most fun writing for Bex and Ryder.

Where can people find your books?
Most of my books are available at Amazon (ebook and print copies), B&N, and Smashwords.  At the moment Witch Hunt is only available at Amazon, but it will be with Smashwords next month in June and at B&N later in the summer.  Readers can always google the title with my name and find them.  Or they can go to my blog. 

What are you working on now?
I am currently editing the third book to The Rule Series.  It is called Shifters Rule and will be out (fingers crossed) by Halloween.  I am also putting together a book called Dragon’s Breath.

Do you listen to music while you write?
Sometimes.  When I get stuck, I will listen to something that relates to the scene.  For instance, in Crushed during what I call ‘the red dress scene’ I was listening to Lady in Red.  When I was working on the scene in Witch Hunt where Starr loses control of her body and starts to dance with the It-Squad, I listened to what they were listening to in the story.  I really wish books came with music.  That would be awesome.

What is your favorite book and why?
Right now I am rereading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.  I love the Mortal Instrument series.  It has lots of action, romance, fun stuff.  I love how Clare writes.  She has an awesome style that I haven’t found very often. 

What are some things you enjoy doing other than writing?
Shopping.  LOL.  Yes, my name is K.C. Blake and I am a shopaholic.  I also enjoy hanging with my friends, reading (of course), and playing with my dog. 

If you could have a fictional character as a best friend, who would you choose and why?
I can see myself hanging out with Jack from Vampires Rule.  True, he used to be a vampire and still has some strange abilities, but I like him.  He tries to be a good person.  Even when he’s scared, he will jump into a bad situation to save someone.  I also enjoy his witty sense of humor.  And the guy loves to read.  That makes him a great potential buddy. 

Where can people find you online?
On Twitter as KC_Blake
On Goodreads as K.C. Blake (no space between the first period and next letter)

Crushed
The Noah sisters rule Titan High with their beauty, brains, and magical powers. 

Each year they play a secret game: Crushed. The girls pick their targets carefully and blow enchanted dust into the boy’s faces, charming them, but this year Kristen makes a grave mistake. She chooses the wrong boy and almost dies that same day. Coincidence? Maybe.

But something isn’t quite right about Zach Bevian. He doesn’t behave like a boy who’s been Crushed. He goes from hot to cold, from looking at her with contempt to asking her out on a date. She doesn’t know what to think. Does he hate her or is he truly falling for her? Is he trying to kill her, or is he trying to save her?

You can buy Crushed on Amazon (Kindle or paperback) and Barnes and Noble (Nook or paperback).

Witch Hunt
A magical game of Hide n Seek begins.
Find the missing player and win.
The game resets; everyone forgets and starts to play it again.

Starr Hughes hasn’t believed in magic since her mother died. As a reporter for the school paper, she believes in hard facts. Hiding under the headmaster’s desk, planting bugs, and breaking into a fellow student’s home are all on her to-do list. So when she hears the mysterious group known as the It-Squad are about to start playing a secretive game, she wants to know more. She’s especially interested in the group’s gorgeous leader, Dylan Winchester.

With her boy-crazy best friend at her side, Starr is going to discover that not only are witches real, they need her help. Someone is using the game to steal their memories, their powers, and perhaps their lives.

You can buy Witch Hunt on Amazon (Kindle or paperback) and Barnes and Noble (paperback).

1 comment:

  1. Awesome interview. Thanks for posting. I'll be sure to check out the books series!

    ReplyDelete