Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Life Post: All I Can Think About is Sleep

Babysitting is like a reminder of what school's like. I'm actually waking up earlier to babysit than I ever would at school because I can only schedule classes as early as eight, but I have to be here to babysit earlier than that most days. Needless to say, I'm not getting as much sleep as I should be. Luckily, I only ever have to babysit every other day, so I can use the off days to sleep more, even if it doesn't seem like enough. It's also looking like it's going to alternate weeks every time this summer, so I have entire weeks of catching up on sleep. Still, the actual days of babysitting are tough to stay awake during.

It doesn't help that the kids are still asleep every time I get here. Right now, for instance, they're sleeping as I write this post. Even the dog is curled up on the couch, but that's not really out of the ordinary. It definitely makes me wish that I could be sleeping too.

I don't want to sound like a complainer though. Babysitting over all is easy, and I manage to get a lot of writing down most days while I'm here. I'm definitely not complaining about making some money. Right now though it's early in the morning (earlier than I'd be awake otherwise), and sleep is all I seem to be capable of thinking about. I keep zoning out and going into this half asleep state, so thinking about other things at the moment is a bit difficult. I'm sure I'll wake up in a few hours though. I'll be tired all day, but it shouldn't be like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment