Sunday, June 15, 2014

Supernatural Review: First Half of Season Two

I'm finally actually doing a review before I've gone farther than the episodes that the review is for. That's more because I've had actually no time to watch more episodes though than it is that I've actually done this quickly after finishing this set of episodes.

I feel like a lot more happened in these eleven episodes than I'd even realized until now when I'm looking back over my notes. It seems like ages since Sam and Dean's date died, but in reality I'm only ten episodes after that.

As usual, I'm at somewhat of a loss over what to say. I really think I need to start separating these reviews into smaller chunks like I did with Naruto because this isn't going so well. I may be doing that in the future.

Overall, I really enjoyed these episodes. As always, I have to comment on the fact that they went to Indiana (Lafayette in particular) because I always find that cool. At one point, Dean describes Lafayette as a "real funky town" or something along those lines. I've never actually been to Lafayette, but I thought that was hilarious.

There was also a Myspace reference in episode eight of this season that I found hilarious because it really dates that episode. Sam acts like Dean should know what that is when these days I can just picture younger people watching that episode and not getting it either. That joke ended up being funny in a way it wasn't even intended to be.

Recently none of the episodes have been freaking me out or anything, but I have to say that the last episode I watched (the eleventh in the season) kind of did. I'm not sure if it was the dolls or just the ghost or what, but something in that episode had me really freaked out for at least the next day after watching the episode.

I think that's all I really have to say on these episodes. I'd be expecting the next review to be over a smaller amount of episodes, so that should also mean it'll be up sooner than it would be otherwise. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of season two.

No comments:

Post a Comment