Monday, June 2, 2014

Life Post: CoHF Feelings and Writing a New Story

I have six chapters and the epilogue left of City of Heavenly Fire, and I'm in this constant state of anticipation over the ending. I'm not going to post spoilers here, but I have this very strong need to just rant about the book, which isn't very useful. A blog post or Youtube video would be odd when I'm not finished with the book but only several chapters in. I'm starting to think it would have been interesting to film myself at different intervals of the book and combined it into one video, but it's kind of late for that. I can't tweet anything either though because there's no way to conceal spoilers or warn people well over Twitter. I'm just settling for having long periods of freaking out in my room by myself. I seriously had this entire internal rant about something the other day. I just have so many feelings over this book.

I'd be reading it now except I started writing a new story today. It's not "new" per se. It's part of a series of stories that I've been working on for at least a year at this point but even longer if we want to go back to the short story I wrote in eighth grade that's the basis for the entire thing. This is the third story, and I outlined it last week. I'm a couple of thousand words in right now after starting this morning. I want to get at least another thousand today too. I'm trying to hold off on reading City of Heavenly Fire until then.

Also, I think I wrote on here already that I was taking the weekends off writing now, but I don't think I've mentioned yet that it looks like I'm going to have a summer job babysitting our neighbor. It should be easy enough, but I'm worried that'll cut into writing time. I may go back to writing on the weekends if I don't like how much writing I'm getting done. We'll see.

Anyway, I'm off to get everything else done so I can read City of Heavenly Fire. I'm way too excited to see how the book ends.

The Fault in Our Stars movie release: 4 days
How to Train Your Dragon 2 movie release: 11 days
Birthday Bash/Little Mix concert: 11 days

No comments:

Post a Comment