Thursday, July 24, 2014

Life Post: Comic Con and a Hatred of Driving

Comic Con has started in San Diego, so I'm going through my yearl thing where I watch what's happening from afar and think about one day in the future where I hope to actually be there. I've even stared longingly at the schedule, but I have to admit that makes me thankful I'm not there. There's so much going on at once that you have no choice but the make really tough decisions over what to do. I'd still prefer to be there of course, but even if I was, I'd still have to miss out on a lot of awesome stuff.

Anyway, I've been spending most of my morning writing as usual. I still have a lot more I want to get done, but that probably won't happen until much later in the day. Right as I was beginning this post, my mom came to talk to me about going driving. I need to do it because I don't have nearly the amount of hours I need to get my license, and that was one of my plans for this summer. It's so difficult though! I can only drive when one of my parents can take me, and that's almost never. Plus, unless you seriously do nothing but drive around, you can be gone for hours and really not have driven that much when it's put together. And this is taking into consideration that we live about half an hour from anything that we can even do. I'm just kind of fed up with it all. It doesn't help that I despise driving. Absolutely despise it. I could spend hours ranting about my hatred for it. Since I don't live somewhere that cares about public transportation though, it's absolutely a must that I get my license. It doesn't help matters that I'll probably have a panic attack while taking the driving test like I did the last time. I just can't see this actually ending well.

That turned out a lot more negative than I had planned, and I already went on a slight rant about that on Twitter last night. I really am just frustrated, but hopefully driving today helps and all of that. I'll hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment