Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Life Post: I'm Almost 21. What?

My life has become remarkably uninteresting lately. There was so much happening, and then it all just kind of stopped. I'm glad because it was not a good kind of craziness, but I've had the sudden realization that I'm now in the final month of summer break. I feel like I should be doing some awesome stuff, but all of my most note-worthy plans for this break have already happened. I guess I should just be enjoying the calm before school starts, so that's what I've been trying to do.

My days have become getting as much writing in as I can before school starts, but really that's what I've been doing the entire break. I already wrote about what I'm writing in the last of these posts though, and not enough has changed for me to really have anything to say.

I suppose I could mention that my twenty-first birthday is now less than two weeks away. I can't believe it at all. I don't feel old enough. I'm still not used to the fact that I'm not a teenager anymore. There are small reminders sometimes though. For example, I got life insurance yesterday as part of this organization I have membership in, and that was weird. It was a surprise to get that in the mail. Overall though, I don't feel like an adult at all, even if I hope that I've matured a lot. I still don't feel like what I think an adult should feel like, but I kind of think I'll always feel that way. Besides, I don't really enter the "real world" until after college, so I guess that's when the real challenge of feeling like an adult begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment