Sunday, July 20, 2014

Life Post: Writing Struggles

I haven't posted in anything in four days, although it feels like longer, for a variety of reasons that I really don't want to get into here. I want to change that though and get back to posting. Since nothing that I want to talk about has been happening, I'm just going to stick to talking about what I'm currently writing for this post.

I've started writing a new Hunger Games fanfiction. This one focuses on Gale and Johanna, which is something new for me. I was struggling at first, and I think that was entirely due to the fact that I was struggling writing Gale and Johanna. The funny thing is, I'd written both of them before. I'd just never done anything from their point of view, and I struggled with that more than I thought I would. I knew exactly what I wanted to do storyline wise. I had the entire thing planned out, and I knew what the characters were going to do. I just couldn't get a good voice for each of them. Then, a couple of days ago it's like it just snapped into place while I was writing, and I finally figured out how to portray their thoughts and all of that. Now I have some re-writing to do in the future over what I already had, but things are going a lot better.

I'm hoping this is a good sign for the rest of the story. This is a companion story for Rebuild and Recover, which was my last Hunger Games fanfiction that focused on Peeta and Katniss. Now it's starting to actually feel like Rebuild and Recover did, and it's all just coming together a lot better. I was a little worried for a bit that it was going to turn out terrible, but I'm feeling much better about it all now, which is nice. I'm really happy with how it's coming along now.

No comments:

Post a Comment