Saturday, September 13, 2014

Naruto Shippuden Review: Episodes 191-195

It's been about a month since my last Naruto review, but that isn't because I've been all that slow with watching it. I'm just behind on doing reviews. I've actually been ready to do this review for about three weeks now (and am close to having watched enough episodes for another review as well). Anyway, on to what I thought of these five episodes.

Episode 191 involved a female ninja whose job it was to infiltrate Konoha as a spy, and Kakashi is heavily involved with the story. I thought it was an okay episode overall, but nothing too great. My favorite part was probably Team 7 spying on them. I've just really enjoyed seeing flashbacks of Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke all together. I think that's been my favorite part of these filler episodes.

Episode 192 is about Hinata getting kidnapped and Neiji, Tenten, and Kiba going after her. I really, really enjoyed this episode. Hinata is one of my favorite characters, but I also really like the dynamics between Neiji and his whole family. That was what made me really like this episode. I really think it might have been one of my favorites of the filler episodes. What Lord Hiashi says about Hinata being his "precious daughter" and Neiji being a "memento of my late brother" was really cute to me.

The whole ghost thing in episode 193 was a bit odd, but Naruto bringing the picture to the man's grave was really sweet. The entire idea of a soul detachment jutsu is a bit creepy to me, but I'd say I liked the episode more than not. It helps that Shikamaru made a quick appearance and, like Hinata, he's one of my favorite characters.

Speaking of liking getting to see Team 7 together in flashbacks, we got a lot of that with Naruto and Sasuke in episode 194 since the literally got stuck to each other. I did really like this episode overall.  It was nice getting to see Naruto and Sasuke work together like they did. This episode also had quite it's share of bathroom jokes.

Then the last episode of this set was 195. We got to see Team 10 in this one, which is always great for me since Shikamaru is one of my favorite characters like I said. I really loved seeing how well Team 10 knew each other that they were able to pull everything off. I just always love seeing friendships like that develop, so that was a nice flashback. I also just have to throw it out there that the one guy's name was Tofu. Tofu. Oh, and Kakashi makes a comment about how talented "this year's rookies" are, and I really loved that.

Like I said earlier, I'm almost through watching the next five episodes, so hopefully a review will come relatively soon. Those five episodes are also when the filler finally ends, which is incredibly exciting. (I'm actually already through the filler, and I can't tell you how relieved I am.) I'm sure that means the next review will be more rambly than the reviews like this were over the filler, and I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment: