Sunday, January 13, 2013

Start of the Spring Semester

Well, I'm back at Marian, and the spring semester starts tomorrow.  I'm not really sure how I feel about it.  I like being at Marian, but I also really miss home while I'm here.  Plus, it means that I'm going to start getting really busy and swamped with work soon.  I'm looking forward to a lot of my classes, but I also think that they'll require a lot of work.

I also have to adjust to dorm life again.  I'm back to living in a small room with a roommate after getting my own room back for a month.  And dining hall food.  I despise Marian's food in the dining hall.  You should see the amount of microwaveable food I had my mom buy.  I avoid that dining hall as much as I can.  By the end of last semester, the manager at Subway actually said something to me about how often I came in there. You would do if you'd eaten at our dining hall.  Someone actually got food poisoning in there and went off about it on Facebook.  I love my school, but that's definitely one of the worst parts of it.

I've already talked to several people that it was great to see again.  As an introvert though, I'm not really looking forward to having almost no escape from people.  One of the downsides of having a roommate and living in a dorm.

I'm not entirely unpacked yet.  I still have to unpack my suitcase full of clothes, and I'll probably have that done sometime in the next month or so (or however long it takes me to wear all of the clothes).  I pretty much unpacked everything else.  I've apparently made a habit of forgetting one thing each time.  I remembered my pillows this time (thank God), but I forgot my alarm clock (which is kind of important).  I had this random cheap alarm clock sitting in my dorm, so I'm using it.  It makes this really annoying ticking sound though, and Katie and I took down the wall clock I had up because the ticking annoyed us so much.  Also, I've never used this clock, and I can only hope I set the alarm clock correctly.  Here's to praying I wake up on time in the morning.  My mom's supposed to be mailing my other alarm clock, so hopefully that gets here soon (and doesn't get lost in the mail, which would probably result in me being in tears).

I'm looking forward to my classes in a way, but I'm also a bit nervous.  I'm always nervous about new stuff like this and meeting new people.  I feel way better than I did at the start of last semester though.  My new classes are probably going to require a lot of work, but they are on topics that should be fun to study (except maybe philosophy, I'm pretty nervous about that).  And this semester I feel confident that I can find all the classrooms with no problem.  I still have to get my textbooks.  I plan on getting that started right after classes tomorrow.  Hopefully this semester goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment