Saturday, January 5, 2013

I Can Drive Again

Today I woke up far earlier than I have since the holiday season began.  I had to go to the BMV with my mom this morning, and they closed at 12:30.  I wanted to get there even earlier than needed though in order to get it over with, so I woke up and was ready to go at nine.  Then it turns out that my sister had taken my mom's keys (even though she had a different car), so we had to wait for her to get home and waking up that early had been slightly useless.  She got home relatively quickly though, so we were still able to leave pretty early.

People who have been reading this blog for a while (or following me on Twitter, Youtube, etc.) know that my permit expired a while back without me ever getting my license.  Well, I now have a permit again.  I'm going to actually drive this time, and hopefully I'll have my license some time this summer.  I still hate driving, but being stuck on campus with no way around is driving me crazy.  I can't do that again next year.  I need a car.  Plus I'm going to have a kitchenette next year, and I'll need a way to go grocery shopping.  (Technically there's one I can walk to, but the way to it kind of freaks me out.  My school's campus is safe, but it's in what is basically the worst neighborhood in Indianapolis.)

My mom made me drive around my old high school's parking lot for a little bit too.  I have to say that I have at least improved over when I very first started driving around the end of my freshmen year of high school.  It still terrifies me though...

Since getting home I've managed to write some Hunger Games fanfiction, and now I'm listening to a podcast.  I imagine that's what the rest of my day will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment