Friday, January 11, 2013

Naruto Shippuden Episodes 17-32 Review

I don't even know where to begin talking about these episodes.  I guess I'll start by talking about how creepy I find Sasori.  I think I find him so creepy because I don't really understand how he did what he did.  I mean, I know it's a fictional world and all, but I can't wrap my mind around how he could make himself into a puppet.  I also don't really understand how you make people into puppets that don't seem to be bodies, if that makes sense.  I just decided to stop questioning it though and just go with it.

The story of Sasori's childhood was very sad though.  It makes you almost feel sorry for him, but he's so evil and creepy that you don't at the same time.  I really liked that part of the story.

I also really hate Deidara.  Not in the same way I hate Sasori though.  Sasori was genuinely creepy.  Deidara just annoys me.  Obviously he's a threat, and he's a capable villian in some ways.  But he's so cocky and arrogant.  It just gets on my nerves.  Every time he opens his mouth I want to yell at him to shut up.

I can't talk enough about how much I love Naruto and Gaara's relationship.  Gaara is one of my favorite characters, which is odd considering I don't usually like characters like him.  I love his story though, and I absolutely love how his relationship with Naruto has developed.  Naruto when he thinks Gaara is dead forever is so heartbreaking.  And Granny Chiyo giving up her life for Gaara was heartbreaking as well.  I loved how that storyline went.  It was sad to watch, but I thought it was really well done.  I knew Gaara was going to live because of spoilers, but it was still a very emotional moment.

These episodes also introduce Sai a bit.  I know next to nothing about Sai, which is kind of odd considering how many spoilers I know about the series.  All I know is that he replaces Sasuke in Team Kakashi (which is already forshadowed in these episodes).  I'm kind of intrigued by him.  He seems like a character that I would dislike, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.  Hopefully I end up liking him.  It'll be interesting to see

No comments:

Post a Comment