Sunday, August 24, 2014

Life Post: My Little Sister is Now at College

After I wrote yesterday's post, I got to go over to my sister's new dorm. Guys, it's crazy. It's actually a hotel room. Half of the building is the hotel and the other half they let my sister's school use as dorms. That means that her entire room feels like a hotel. It has the hotel furniture and even the standard hotel paintings on all the walls. However, it's a nice hotel room and actually a suite, so they have two bedrooms (for three girls), a living room, and a kitchen. The kitchen's tiny, but I'm still jealous she has one. Her living room is massive when you consider that it's a dorm though. I wouldn't be surprised if it was twice the size of the one in my dorm. It's crazy. It's definitely a nice dorm. I really like my dorm this year, but I'm beyond jealous that she has a kitchen. (Technically, I do too, but it's shared with the whole floor and just not the same.

Anyway, there was a lot of commotion. I got there once everything had been moved into their room, but they were still scrambling around organizing everything in it. It was pretty well put together by the second time I was there yesterday. I'm interested in learning later how much they actually bother to use that kitchen.

It was nice seeing my parents and sister yesterday and eating dinner with them. I'll be seeing them a lot during the beginning of the semester. To the point that it's kind of odd since I'll be home next weekend as well. It's also incredibly weird knowing that my sister is in the same city as me right now and will be for the rest of the year. I'm not used to that at all. I really wonder how much we're actually going to see each other as the year goes on. This should be very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment