Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Life Post: Seeing a Friend and Feeling More Comfortable Driving

I got to see my friend Ji today, which was really nice. It'll be the first time I see her at least until the next school break since I move back to school on Saturday. We ate lunch together and got frozen yogurt together afterwards. It was fun, and we had a good time catching up just like we always do. It's always really great to get to talk to her.

Also, I drove there and back, and it hit me on the way home that I really have become much more comfortable driving. I'm not perfect, but I don't freak out like I used to, which is really nice. I just wish I'd managed to get enough driving hours by now that I could get my license. I feel like I should have, but I actually haven't. My permit expires in January though, so I'm really going to have to work on it during school breaks and at least get my license over winter break. I should be able to since I really don't have that many hours left. If summer break was just a little bit longer, I'd probably be set.

I need to get to writing though because I'm obviously behind after spending time with Ji. I still want to get as much done as I can before school starts again and I'm busy with classes and clubs and all of that. I'm working on the first draft of something, and as much as I want to, I don't think it'll be done within this week. (Actually, I know it won't be.) So here's hoping I can make a decent amount of time to write once school starts too. I don't necessarily need to write it super quickly, but I don't want it to take months and months just to get the first draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment