Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Life Post: The First Week Continues

I don't have much time to write this before I have to go to my last class of the day, but I'm going to try and squeeze it in anyway. We'll see how much I can write.

I have to say that waking up early every morning to go to Spanish is getting more difficult every morning. I don't even want to think about the fact that I have to do it the entire rest of the semester. The amount of thinking and talking involved in Spanish class each day really helps wake me up though, so I guess that's a positive. It definitely jump starts my brain, which would probably start working much slower each morning if it wasn't trying to remember all of that Spanish.

My sociology class went really well today as well. We got our first homework assignment today, which is a sociology experiment, but I'm not so sure that I'll be doing this one. The way the assignments are set up is that we have to do a certain amount during the semester, not all of them. I can't remember the exact number we have to do or the exact number that will be assigned, but we only have to do so many. This particular assignment is utterly terrifying to me. I won't go into detail but let's just say that it involves doing one of my biggest fears, and I don't think it's worth doing an assignment that could result in a panic attack for myself when I don't necessarily have to. I tried to think about it rationally and if maybe the experiment would be a good "get out of your comfort zone" thing, but I just don't think it's worth it. I don't think I'd get enough out of it in order to benefit, so I don't want to put myself through it. Plus, we have to present our findings and whatnot, and I think I'd benefit from seeing another group do that before I have to.

Like I said though, the class itself today was great, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the semester in there. I find it all so fascinating still, and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone else's experiments on Friday.

Yesterday, I was doing homework until really close to going to bed, so I'm really hoping to not have that happen today. I've already completed more homework today than I had at this point yesterday, so I'm off to a good start. I did some reading for a class as well as write about half of a paper for another class. I still have a good bit to do, but I'm hopeful that it won't be like yesterday.

Now, it's getting really close to time for my last class, so I really need to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment