Saturday, November 5, 2011

Barefoot in the Park: Opening Night

Today's been a long day, so I'm going to try and keep this short.  Things were pretty uneventful during school today.  The most noteworthy things were that we got our Key Club shirts (which look so awesome), and some of us got free ice cream during lunch.  Other than that, nothing that happened during school really sticks out.

After school, however, is a different story.  Tonight was the first performance of our fall play: Barefoot in the Park.  In case you didn't know already, I'm on stage crew.  I wasn't nervous at all at school today.  I didn't really start getting nervous until I showed up at the school at five o'clock.  I was so scared I was going to screw something up and ruin the play.  Luckily, nothing like that happened.  Before the play and all during the first act, I was in one of those moods where I was laughing at absolutely everything because I was so nervous.  I finally calmed down by the time it was intermission.

Everyone in the audience seemed to enjoy it.  Haley and Jordan seemed really excited about it when I saw them afterward, and they've even posted great comments on facebook.  Ji also told me it was good although she wasn't as hyper about it, and everyone else seemed to have enjoyed it.  I think everyone did a great job.  I know a lot of the actors were nervous in the beginning, but they were great.  I just hope tomorrow and Sunday's performances go just as well as tonight's.

No comments:

Post a Comment