Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving is Over and Advent Begins

I didn't even realize that it had been a few days since I posted.  I was either doing absolutely nothing, or I wasn't home all day.  Yesterday, we left to go to my grandma's in the morning and didn't get home until about eight or so in the evening.  We were there to celebrate Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family, and it was a whole lot of fun.

Aside from just talking and things, we also played board games.  My sister Regina, Aunt Kate, and I played this Hunger Games training game.  I got to play as the District 12 tribute (which isn't specified as being Katniss, but her skill is archery so...).  It was extremely confusing at first, but after we figured the game out it turned out to be a lot of fun.  Regina, our cousin Danielle, and I also played several games of Clue.  And all of us grandchildren (except my brother Matthew) played Quelf.  It was Regina's first time playing.  We had so much fun!  It's impossible to not have fun while playing Quelf.

I completely forgot that today was the first Sunday of Advent until this morning.  As far as I'm concerned that means it's officially Christmas season!  Speaking of church related things, today was also the first time we used the new translation of the mass.  That turned out interesting...  Even though we knew the responses had changed, it's hard to say something different when you've gone your whole life saying it the old way.  It'll be interesting to see how long it takes before everyone gets used to the new translation.

Tomorrow is school again.  It's always a little weird to go back to school after breaks, even if they're only five days.  The month until Christmas break seems like such a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment