Thursday, November 10, 2011

English Papers and Fanfiction

Remember how I was having such a hard time writing my paper in AP English yesterday?  Well, today proved to be a lot better.  I'd say I'm about one-third of the way done with the paper (rough draft only of course).  It's still not that great, but at least I have something down.  I can work on it from there.  I'm having bit of trouble describing the Harry Potter situation though.  I mean I'm trying explain about Voldemort ordering Draco to kill Dumbledore, the Unbreakable Vow, Dumbledore asking Snape to kill him, and more in just a few paragraphs.  It's difficult to do that in a way that makes sense to people who haven't read Harry Potter.  I'm kind of using Ji and Kayla as test readers.  I've asked one of them to read bits of my paper at least a million times and tell me if it makes sense.  I have a lot of work to do.

We had a sub in Econ(omics) today, so we spent the entire time watching a movie.  We watched The Italian Job which I had never heard of.  It's an okay movie, but I'm not really that into it.  It doesn't help that I know when we finish the movie tomorrow I'm going to have to write about economics in the movie.

I don't know if I ever mentioned it in a blog post, but if you follow me on twitter or have noticed the little button on the side of the blog, you'll know I'm a prereader for Sparkly Red Pen.  I became a prereader for them a few months ago, but I was just assigned to work on my first story today.  I'm so excited!  I'll definitely let you guys know when the author posts the first chapter.  I have the first chapter, but I can't actually preread it (like comment and stuff) until I hear back from the author.  I'll let you know when the first chapter's up.  Hopefully, it's good!  It's the author's first fanfiction, but she really seems to have a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment