Saturday, November 12, 2011

Veterans Day and Mixed Up Schedules

We started off the school day with a Veterans Day program.  It was nice.  We had a guest speaker who had been in the army but is now a dentist.  They honored the seniors who have joined the National Guard.  It was a cool ceremony for the most part.  If any U.S. veterans read this, thank you so much for everything you've done for our country.

Because of the program, our schedule for the rest of the day was a bit different than normal.  The middle school, where I go part of the day for peer tutoring, also had a different schedule today.  This made it a little weird when I went over there today.  Usually, I'm in two different classes.  I start in one class, and then when the bell rings, I go to a different class.

When I got there today, the first class I'm normally in had already started.  (I usually get there right before class starts.)  Then, they were going to their third block class instead of their fifth period class like usually.  (If it sounds confusing, that's because it is.  I have no idea who in the middle school thought it was a good idea to just completely reorder all of the classes one day.)  There was nothing for me to do in either of the classes I'm usually in, so I just sat in one of the teacher's rooms and wrote random stuff.  It was a bit awkward most of the time because she was just sitting at her desk while I sat at a desk scribbling in my notebook.

After a while, the bell rang, and the kids were now going to their fifth period class.  I headed over to the second classroom I'm normally in.  I was there for a total of ten minutes before it was time for me to leave and head back over to the high school.  I feel like I did nothing.  That's not really true though.  I did help one girl with some problems, come up with some dividing fractions problems for a boy to work on the board, and read a quiz to a couple of kids.  Still, because of the long amount of time I spent just sitting there, it feels like I did nothing.

We finished watching The Italian Job in econ.  It was a good movie.  It's not typically something I'd choose to watch, but I enjoyed it.

I feel like there was something else that I really wanted to mention in this post, but I can't think of anything.  I can't shake the feeling that something else kind of big happened to me today.  Maybe I'm just thinking that because it's 11/11/11...  I'll probably remember in a couple of minutes.  I'm too tired to worry about it now.  It's past midnight, so I'm going to go to sleep.  I'll add on to this in the morning if I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment