Thursday, November 3, 2011

Debates, Papers, Yearbook Covers, and Dress Week

The first thing that happened today was our debate in AP U.S. history.  Our group was debating the cons of Indian removal.  I was really worried about how the debate was going to go because I didn't feel as if we were ready.  I was pleasantly surprised that it went extremely well.  Our group argued our point well, and I think we definitely got our point across.  It went great, and I had so much fun.  It makes me wish our school had a debate team.  It would be so much fun.

We're getting ready to start writing our next paper in AP English, and it's going to be an analysis that deals with obedience to authority.  Guess what I'm analyzing.  Voldemort ordering Draco to kill Dumbledore, and Dumbledore asking Snape to kill him.  I'm so excited!  Hopefully I can make it work well.

I don't think I did a blog post where I mentioned our ideas for the yearbook cover.  Well, we were going over ideas for the cover the other day, and I think it's going to be awesome!  We had some awesome ideas.  I just keep getting more and more excited for this yearbook.  I can't wait to see it finished!  (I can't believe I'll be in college when it's sent out.)

Play practice was interesting today.  This week's dress week.  I can't believe it's that close to opening!  We had to change around jobs and things for one of the scene changes today, which was a bit stressful.  Now, instead of bringing stuff out on stage during the first scene change, I'm helping Bridget with her quick change.  I wasn't sure how that was going to go, and I was a bit worried that she wouldn't get ready in time and it would be my fault.  Luckily, she got ready in time.  Overall though, I think practice went well.  I think we'll be able to pull everything off this weekend.  Some of us crew members are now doing our curtain call behind the "window" too, and five of us have to climb up on this bench thing.  I hope that doesn't look to awkward (and that one of us doesn't fall over or something).  Hopefully it all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment