Monday, November 26, 2012

English Scares and Over Long Speeches

Today was the first day of classes after fall break, and everything went pretty well.  I don't really enjoy precalculus, but class went all right today.  English went pretty good, but after class, I went to submit my paper and it went through the things that makes sure you don't plagiarize.  It told me that part of my paper was similar to another student's paper, and it ended up being this one phrase that was apparently similar.  I've only even read one other girl's paper in the class, and we wrote about different plays even.  I'm really worried about it now.  I don't even understand how one short phrase only used once got flagged, especially considering I didn't plagiarize at all.  Now I'm a bit paranoid about it.

We talked about the Rwandan genocide and watched part of a documentary in history today.  It's a historical even that I'm really interested in, so I enjoyed that class today, even though we got back our papers about the Communist Manifesto and I did pretty bad just like expected.

Tomorrow we start our final speeches in speech class.  Not everyone will go, but we don't know who will and who won't.  I really hope I don't end up going tomorrow because I haven't been able to say my speech within the time limit yet.  I'm prepared enough that I can do it if need be (and I tend to go quicker while in class anyway), but I really want more time so I can get it down to the time limit while practicing too.  We'll see.

I want to mention this here, since I haven't mentioned it on this blog.  I've written a Hunger Games fanfiction, and I'm currently posting it.  If you want to check it out, it's both here on fanfiction.net and here on my writing blog.  It's set about 25 years after Mockingjay.  I have three chapters up as of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment