Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Final Speech and Dining Hall Food

It's only the second day of classes, and I'm exhausted.  I have no idea why.  I just felt about ready to collapse by the time I got done with classes today.  That doesn't mean it was a bad day though.  I'm just tired.

As I said yesterday, we began giving our final speeches in speech class today.  I hadn't been able to get my speech down to the time limit, so I was really hoping I wouldn't have to go today.  Well after there were no volunteers, my speech teacher asked me to go first.  So much for that.  I managed to only go about 20 seconds over the time limit though, which is about five minutes shorter than I was while practicing, and I got an A on the speech.  So I guess things worked out more than okay, and now I don't have to worry about that anymore.  I'm essentially done with that class except having to go watch everyone else give their own speeches.

The only other class I had today was theology, which is typically my most boring class.  The professor just lectures us the whole time, and it's probably the least interactive of my classes.  Most days I have trouble even staying awake.  Today was no different.  The professor talked about prayer and sacraments, and I feel as if most of it is stuff I've heard before.  That doesn't necessarily mean that I'll be able to remember it for the final, but it's hard to concentrate when you've heard the same thing in every religion class that you've had your whole life.

I ate lunch in my dorm today because I'm so sick and tired of the dining hall food.  The chili I microwaved was a million times better.  The other day some boy posted on my class' Facebook page that he apparently got sick after eating in our dining hall, and he went on a long rant about our food here.  While I've never gotten sick eating here, I have to agree that the food really sucks.  Just three more weeks, and I won't have to eat it for a month.

Now I have homework that I really need to get to.  I need to work on my final English portfolio, do some precalculus, look over our final study guide for history to see if I have any questions, and write a short paper for theology.  It sounds like a lot, but I'm working on bits each day, so it shouldn't take me too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment