Friday, November 30, 2012

Movie Review: A Warrior's Heart

Xenon Pictures
In theaters: December 2nd, 2011 (limited)
On DVD: February 7th, 2012
Rated PG
Directed by Michael F. Sears
Written by Martin Dugard
Synopsis from Rotten Tomatoes:
After his father's death, high school lacrosse star Conor Sullivan becomes self-destructive but through a new love interest and his passion for this sport, Conor discovers the warrior within himself. -- (C) Official Site
Review:

I honestly only wanted to see this being Ashley Greene and Kellan Lutz were in it.  I don't really like sports movies, although I thought it was cool that it was about lacrosse as that isn't a sport you usually see movies about.  The movie was okay and held my interest.  I definitely didn't hate it, but I wasn't really into it either.  I was just kind of neutral about it.

One thing I thought was cool was how they incorporated the Native American history of the game into the story.  Conor makes some derogatory comments about Native Americans at one point in the movie though.  He says it to his father's friend, who is Native American, and he's basically put in his place later.  I get that Conor was supposed to be really angry and dealing with a lot of emotional issues at that point in the movie, but the whole thing still kind of bothered me.  Yes, Conor's mad, but does he really have to become racist out of basically no where.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm overreacting, but I didn't like that.

Overall, it was an okay movie but not all that great.  It was just kind of a stereotypical movie.  Nothing surprising happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment