Tuesday, September 24, 2013

How I Met Your Mother Review: Season Nine Episode 1 ("The Locket") and Episode 2 ("Coming Back")

It feels so odd to be reviewing just two episodes of How I Met Your Mother and not half a season. It's going to take some time to adjust to only talking about one (or two in this case) episode at a time. I can go into a lot more detail about stuff without going on for ever and ever.

I loved finally getting the see the mother and actually discover some about her personality. I loved her interaction with Lily and how they met. I thought it was great that they seemed to get along so well and everything. The scene towards the end of the second episode with the mother and Ted a year later was also adorable. I got a bit emotional watching that. It's crazy how close we are to finally having Ted and the mother meet.

I also loved Robin and Barney in these two episodes. The part where they were worried they were related was hilarious, and the bit where Barney told him that he had Robin to show him that true love was real was so sweet.

The storyline with Marshall and the woman from the airplane was really hilarious, and now they're apparently driving to New York together. It will be interesting to see how long that drive lasts episode wise and how long she'll be around. I'm looking forward to that storyline because I'm sure it will be incredibly amusing.

That's all I really have to say on these two episodes. I'm so used to being really brief about things with the reviews of twelve episodes at a time. I'm sure I'll get used to one episode at a time reviews soon, and it will be easier for me to go more in depth about things other than just mentioning them.

No comments:

Post a Comment