Thursday, September 12, 2013

New Harry Potter Movie and Studying

Today has been a pretty great day. In case you hadn't heard, there's going to be a new Harry Potter movie! It'll be based on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and I am beyond excited. J.K. Rowling is writing the screenplay herself! I woke up to the news, and it was just about the greatest thing in the world. It's even going to take place in New York. We're going to see the American wizarding world!

Not only was there that news and a lot of rejoicing on the Internet, but we also talked about the movie in one of my classes today. It was in addition to talking about the various covers of the books during our discussion on book marketing. I love when Harry Potter comes up in class. (One Direction was also mentioned at one point, so yay for that as well.)

I handed in a portfolio in one class and a paper in another, and I'm quite happy to be done with both of those assignments. Still, I have my first humanities test tomorrow, and I'm stressing about it a lot. It's just the artist names (in Greek) and the list of epic qualities and such that are causing me problems. I'm hoping I'll get a decent grade because I have most of the other stuff down. I just can't remember those things for the life of me. I suck with remembering English names (it's a horrible struggle during movies), so learning these ancient Greek artist's names is nearly impossible no matter what I do.

For now though, I need to get started reading The Giver for my adolescent literature class. I haven't read it in years, and it's one of my favorites. I'm excited to re-read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment