Friday, September 6, 2013

Embarrassing Baby Pictures

You know that stereotypical storyline in movies and stuff where a teenager is getting ready for a date and the parents (or mother at least) brings out baby pictures and embarasses their kid? Am I the only one that doesn't see that as being all that realistic?

It seems to happen in fiction all the time, and I just don't get it. Not that I have much experience for this sort of thing, but I can't see my parents bringing out photo albums out for that sort of thing.

Even if they did though, I wouldn't really be embarrassed. I mean, maybe I would be a bit awkward about it since I'm a bit awkward about everything, but I don't find my childhood pictures to be embarrassing. There's one picture that I know exists somewhere of my sister and I in a bathtub together as toddlers that I would prefer for no one to see, but other than that, I don't really care who sees my baby pictures. Yeah, I'm acting really goofy in a lot of them, but none of them are anything worth hiding for some reason.

This was just something I happened to think of the other day. I've never really questioned it before because it was everywhere and I just kind of accepted it. After thinking about it though, I realized that I just couldn't relate to that. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that are embarrassed by their baby pictures. I'm just not one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment