Sunday, September 15, 2013

How I Met Your Mother Season Eight Second Half Review

I've been watching How I Met Your Mother for almost three years, and I've finally managed to catch up! I'm so incredibly excited about this, and I'm really excited to actually watch season nine as it airs. There was so much that happened in the second half of season eight though, and I really want to talk about some of it.

Everything about Robin and Barney and their relationship makes me happy. I love them so much, and I'm incredibly excited to see their wedding next season. It does bother me a little that Ted is apparently still not completely over Robin though. I understand, but it's also getting a little frustrating at this point.

There were several Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars references that made me happy. They even referenced Little House on the Prairie in the last episode when talking about how Lily and Marshall's apartment no longer had phone service or wifi. I loved it.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in the last review, but I love when they show Marvin. He's so cute and adorable. I just love when he pops up every so often.

I'm really interested to find out what happens with the moving to Rome/judgeship thing. There's not really an all around happy way to resolve that, so it'll be interesting to see what they do.

I'm also really excited that I finally got to see the mother. I'm so happy that I finally know what she looks like. I just want season nine to air, so I can see what happens! I guess I'm lucky in that way, since I only have to wait a little more than a week now that I've finished season eight.

There's a lot more I could say, but I want to keep it kind of brief. I plan on doing reviews episode by episode now for season nine though. I'm doing it for Legend of Korra at the moment too, so we'll see how that goes. They'll both be either here or on my Youtube channel. I've already reviewed this week's Korra episode, but I haven't edited and posted it yet. It may get kind of hectic doing reviews of both every week, but I'm sure I can manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment