Thursday, October 9, 2014

Book Review: Christian Foundations by Kathleen R. Fischer and Thomas N. Hart

Published: November 1st, 1995 (first published January 1st, 1986)
Publisher: Paulist Press
Read from October 2nd to 7th, 2014
Synopsis from Goodreads:
An overview of the major issues in the Christian life that explains their basic and essential elements while trying to relate the Christian message to the conditions of modern life.

Review:

I'd had this book sitting around since the first semester of my freshmen year of college when it was a textbook for my intro to theology class. I kept it for the same reason I keep textbooks every so often (and more so back then), which is that I usually think I may read them for whatever reason. I don't remember why exactly I decided to keep this one at the time, but I thought that since I still had it, I'd read it.

This book was a lot easier to get through than I expected. My theology class was one of the most boring classes I ever took, and because of that, I'm not sure how much of this book I actually read at the time. I was honestly expecting the same from the book now, but it was an easy read all things considered. It's definitely written in order to be followed by people with little or no knowledge of theology, and it does an excellent job of explaining some basic theological ideas. If you're interested in learning more about Christian theology, I'd definitely recommend this book. The authors are Catholic, so that's worth noting, although the book is written in a way that is trying to appeal to all Christians I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment