Friday, October 24, 2014

Reign Review: Season 2 Episode 4: "The Lamb and the Slaughter"

This episode was fantastic as far as I'm concerned. Catherine is always great, but she was particularly so in this episode. Almost every single line out of her mouth seemed to be hilarious. From the beginning when she just walked in on Mary and Francis not caring at all, I could tell it was going to be good. That scene was probably my favorite in the episode, but she managed to have some really great moments throughout the episode.

I was really enjoying the fact that Mary and Lola have managed to stay friends, so I was a bit worried about them. I'm glad they made up though, and it's so nice that Mary became the godmother of the baby. I love that they're remaining friends and able to forgive each other. I think that sends a great message (although I also think Mary has a right to get angry and they both have the right to feel awkward).

Narcisse just gets worse and worse each episode. I feel so terrible for Estelle. That was such a sad story line.

As soon as we found out Mary was pregnant, I saw a miscarriage coming. That was a heartbreaking story line as well. I loved the scene where she told Francis though. I thought that was very well done. I wasn't expecting it to happen in the very same episode really, so that was kind of a surprise. I'm interested in seeing how that affects things in the future. So many people knew she was pregnant and there's been so much pressure for her to produce an heir. I'm sure this will create even more pressure.

I was not expecting Greer to go back to Lord Castleroy, and I'll admit that I'm not all that happy about it. I love Greer and Leith together, so obviously I'm a bit biased. I like Lord Castleroy for the most part, but I haven't quite as much this season, which also makes it hard to get behind them being together.

It also looks like we're going to be getting some more ghost stuff in the future, which should be interesting. I wonder if it'll be real ghosts this time or something more along the lines of the whole Clarissa thing. The bit with those two little girls and Catherine was definitely interesting.

I'm really looking forward to next week's episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment