Friday, October 10, 2014

Book Review: Conscience and the Catholic Faith by Anthony J. Marinelli

Published: November 1st, 1991
Publisher: Paulist Press
Read from October 8th to 9th, 2014
Synopsis from Goodreads:
This is a critical reflection on the role of Catholic teaching for the individual conscience. It includes chapters on a theological perspective of conscience, a psychological overview, special themes related to conscience, and the teaching of Jesus and the role of the church.

Review:

This is one of the two textbooks that we had for my theology class freshmen year of college, and I kept it around for some reason after the class was over. I decided to go ahead and read it since it was relatively short anyway.

I'd say the book was okay. It was difficult to get through even with its short length. Of the two textbooks we had for theology, this one felt far less accessible to people who aren't actually theologians, which is a bit odd as it seems to be geared towards those people. It's not a bad book, and it will definitely give you the information you want if you want to read about conscience and Catholic teaching. I just wouldn't recommend the book unless you are incredibly interested in that.

My favorite part of the book was probably that they discussed psychology as well and incorporated that in. I thought that was interesting even though that was all stuff I pretty much already knew from past psychology classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment